DJ Mixer Professional for Mac is the leading-edge VJ/DJ software that allowing you to create complex music and video mixes on the fly. The Pro version featuring 4 decks with professional grade. The best free music-making software, including audio workstations, plugins and effects for Mac and PC. Advanced mixing and mastering tools, unlimited MIDI and audio tracks for your own.
Mixing audios have become easier with the advent of technology. Not everyone can afford to hire/set up a sound recording/mixing studio.
With our list of free mixing software you can give that studio quality sound you have been trying to incorporate in your projects right from your PC. Use these free software available for Windows, Linux, Mac OSX.
1. Audacity – A Powerhouse Mixer and Editor
Download Audacity if you want a free mixer for your sound projects
- Live audio recording
- Backwards playing capability with Scrubbing and Seeking option
- Editing options such as cut, copy, paste, mix are present
- Configurable pitch, frequency and volume settings
- Completely free and available for Windows , Mac and as well as Linux
2. Wavepad Audio Recorder: A Mixing Software For Everyone
Check out Wavepad Audio Recorder for a mixing software with lots of special effects
- Noise reduction and click pop removal
- Basic Sound editing functions like cut, copy etc. present
- Batch Processing enables you to transform and edit multiple tracks at a single go
- Audio effects like amplify, normalize, echo, envelope etc. are present
- Cons: Supports only Windows platform and, few features available only on an upgraded version.
3. Wavosaur Free Audio Editor: A Lightweight Yet Power Packed Mixer
Download Wavosaur Free Editor now to record, master and design your creations.
- Handle multiple documents at a single time (Batch Processesing)
- Provides a solid ASIO and VST effect plugin support
- Detailed statistics present to analyze your projects
- Volume envelope automation is present
- Commands can be controlled by an external controller
- Effects such as Fade in, Fade Out, Auto Trim etc. are present
4. Music Editor Free (MEF) – Record, Process and Mix Audio Files
Free Music Mixing Software For Mac
Download Music Editor Free (MEF) to give your files the highest quality of production
- Includes variety of effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction
- In built CD ripping and burning
- ID3 editor and Text to Speech tool present
- Audio effects include reverb, reverse, sample rate conversion etc.
- Supports a vast array of audio formats like vox, gsm, au, ogg, wmv etc.
- Cons: Supports only WAV files
5. Kristal Audio Engine: A Powerful Mixer and Multi-track Recorder
Download Kristal Audio Engine if you want a recorder, mixer and a mastering software all in one.
- 16 audio tracks
- 32 bit floating point audio engine with a 44.1 to 192khz sample rate
- 3 band equalizers, 5 VST effect slots and 4 plugin slots
- Graphic visualization of sound waves
- File formats supported: WAVE, OGG Vorbis, AIFF, FLAC.
- Cons: Files can’t be saved in Mp3 format
6. Mp3DirectCut: Edit and Mix with Cue Sheets
Download mp3DirectCut to edit and mix your projects in no time.
Best Free Music Mixing Software For Mac
- Doesn’t tamper with audio quality when you cut or paste
- MP3 recording with ACM OR LAME encoder
- User-friendly interface for a hassle free experience
- Cue Sheets for managing long files
- 1 tag editor – ID3v2 tag keeping
- Available on both Windows and Linux
7. WaveShop: An Open Source Mixer and Editor for Windows
Use WaveShop if you want a fast, lightweight and bit-perfect software for mixing from your PC.
- It is bit-perfect, which means samples aren’t changed unnecessarily
- 64-bit version can edit files above 2gb
- Effects such as : Fade in, Fade out, amplify, normalize etc. are present
- Most file formats are supported. For example: AAC, FLAC etc.
- Unlimited undo function
- Channels can be inserted, swapped and deleted