Download ChromeHistoryView - Examine Google Chrome history with visited links, narrow down the URLs, and export information to file using this approachable and portable tool. Not only can delete all the undesirable files in Download folder but it can also efficiently remove the download history on Mac with the press of just one click. Unlike the manual ways described above, Umate Mac Cleaner offers to do the job in a far easier and quicker fashion. Use Umate Mac Cleaner to Delete Download History on Mac.
Oct 13, 2020 • Filed to: Recover & Repair Files • Proven solutions
- Chrome history is mainly stored within SQLite databases located in the Chrome profile folder. Browser History Examiner is a forensic software tool for extracting and viewing the Chrome SQLite databases.
- Way 4 – Recover Deleted Chrome History with Data Recovery Software. Chrome generates a file to store browsing history on Windows or macOS. The file name is “History” and it looks like this. Once you deleted or clear your history, the file is deleted and Chrome generate a new one when you start to view other pages afterward.
Our browser and download history can sometimes have our personal information and should always be protected. No matter what profession or background you belong to, no one likes to expose their download history. If you want to keep your personal information to yourself, then you need to know how to erase download history on your browser. It will let you keep this information private and your data won’t be vulnerable as well. In this stepwise post, we will teach you different ways to clear download history on every leading web browser.
Part 1: How to Clear Download History in Different Browsers
Since there is a wide range of web browsers available, it is important to know how to erase download history in different ways. We have listed a precise way to clear download history in all the leading browsers.
If you use Internet Explorer, then you can easily clear download history by following the below steps. But you can view history in Internet Explorer before clearing them.
- Launch Internet Explorer and press Ctrl + Shift + Delete to remove the browsing data.
- You can also access it from its Settings (gear icon) > Options.
- After launching the following pop-up, check the 'Download History' option.
- Click on the 'Delete' button to get rid of your download history.
Just like Internet Explorer, you can erase download history in Firefox as well by following these steps:
- To start with, you can just press Ctrl + J to access your recent downloads so that you can manually delete them.
- Additionally, you can also go to its Settings in order to remove download history.
- From the following pop-up message, select the desired duration and the browsing & download history.
- Click on the 'Clear Now' button to delete the history.
Google Chrome is one of the most widely used web browsers of all. It also allows an easy way to clear download history right from its interface.
- Launch Chrome and visit its Settings from the three vertical dot (or hamburger) icon.
- From here, visit the 'Clear Browsing Data' window. You can also access it by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete at the same time.
- Select the option of browsing history and download history. You can also choose the time duration from here.
- Click on the 'Clear Browsing Data' button again to remove the selected data.
Even though Microsoft Edge has been launched in Windows 10, it is already used by people the world over. You can clear download history on edge by following these steps:
- To quickly access your download, you can press Ctrl + J and manually remove every downloaded file.
- Alternatively, you can access its Settings from the Hub (three horizontal lines).
- Go to the Clear Browsing Data option and choose to remove 'Download History'.
- Simply confirm your choice by clicking on the 'Clear' button.
Clearing browsing history in Opera is quite similar to other web browsers. From the Opera menu, you can access the history as well as the Download history. You can also press Ctrl + J to get the download history page. From here, you can simply clear your download history manually.
6.Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista
In almost every Windows version, you can also manually remove your downloaded files. To do this, simply press the Windows icon and search for 'downloads'. This will let you access your downloaded files. Simply delete them in order to protect your privacy.
Part 2: How to Completely Erase Download History
By deleting the download history from a browser’s native interface, you won’t be able to erase it permanently. Anyone can retrieve your data by taking the assistance of a data recovery tool. Therefore, you should use Stellar BitRaser for the file if you want to erase download history from your browser with no recovery option. The tool has an easy to use interface that can be used to permanently erase your files, system traces, applications, and more.
- It can permanently delete files, Internet activities, system traces, applications, and more.
- You can perform an automatic deletion with its scheduling feature.
- The tool also provides an eraser certificate after completing the process.
- It has a user-friendly interface and permanently deletes content with no recovery scope.
- BitRaser comes with a wide range of algorithms that users can switch from their settings.
- Compatible with all the leading browsers and works on all the major versions of Windows
Step 1: Free download Stellar BitRaser for the file on your Windows computer.
Step 2: Launch BitRaser for file and go to the 'Internet Activities' section from the left panel. Here, you can see various other tools and features listed as well.
Step 3: As you select the Internet Activities option, it will display a list of all the web browsers that are installed on your system. BitRaser supports all the leading web browsers by default.
Step 4: To clear download history of a browser, simply select the browser and click on the 'Erase Now' button.
After following these simple steps, you would be able to clear download history from your browser without much trouble. Though, you can always perform multiple passes to make sure that your data would be deleted at all costs. Ideally, after following the same drill a few times, you are sure to erase download history with no scope of recovery. Go ahead and use BitRaser to clear download history and never be worried about a case of a privacy breach.
Rescue & Fix Files
- Recover Document Files
- Repair Document Files
- Recover & Repair More
- Clear & Delete File
Deleting Chrome bookmarks on Mac happens from time to time, you may get frustrated when the accident occurs because there are not many tutorials online about how to recover deleted bookmarks in Chrome on Mac. Luckily, you are here. There are two possible ways provided below to restore Chrome bookmarks by using Time Machine backup and a free data recovery program.
This page contains two practical methods to help you bring lost Chrome markbook back on Mac. Follow either one to bring your lost bookmark back now:
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Use Time Machine||Step 1. Open Finder;|
Step 2. Go to Mac HD > Users >User Name > Library;
Step 3. Application Support > Open Chrome...Full steps
|Fix 2. Use Recovery Software||Step 1. Run EaseUS Mac data recovery software;|
Step 2. Scan drive;
Step 3. Find lost bookmarks and click 'Recover'...Full steps
'My Chrome didn't load anything this morning. I found out that the issue is related to my Chrome account. So I signed out my account and signed into but realized I lost all my Chrome bookmarks. I had no idea of what happened. Can I get back my bookmarks?”
Deletion of Chrome bookmarks on Mac may occur when you are trying to recognize the bookmarks folders or remove the bookmarks bar. The bookmarks in Chrome also can get lost when Chrome fails to respond, and you try to solve the problem by removing your account. Whatever the reason is, the loss of Chrome bookmarks happens more than you think.
Download Google Chrome Mac Version
When you try to get help from the internet, you will see many tutorials are written for Chrome bookmarks recovery on Windows, and few are for Mac users. Luckily, you are here. We provide probable methods to help you recover the deleted or lost Chrome bookmarks on Mac with Time Machine backup and a free data restoring program.
Where Is the Location of Chrome Bookmark on Mac
If you haven't removed the local records of the deleted Chrome bookmarks, you can find the path location, then export them. After this, import the bookmarks to Chrome to use them again.
The default location: Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Bookmarks
If there are other profiles, the way to find out folder path for a particular user is:
- Switch to the other profile within Chrome, enter the address in the address bar: chrome://version/ and click 'Return' button.
- Find the 'Profile Path' entry, which will show you the exact file path location of the profile you selected. Then, you can use the path to find all the Chrome Bookmarks associated with that profile on Mac.
How to Restore Chrome Bookmarks on Mac with Time Machine
Chrome For Mac Download Free
If there isn't a local cache of Chrome bookmarks, you have another choice to recover the deleted bookmarks from Time Machine backup if you have created before.
- Having no Time Machine backup to restore Chrom bookmarks on Mac since there is not a suitable external storage drive? Don't despair. There is a chance you can get the deleted bookmarks back via a professional data recovery program. Go on reading the next part and check the how-to instructions.
Step 1. Click 'Finder' and go to Macintosh HD > Users > Your user name > Library > Application Support > Google > Chrome > Default > Bookmarks & Bookmarks.bak.
Step 2. Copy, rename and save Bookmarks file to another location. Then, go back and delete the original file.
Step 3. Next, go down to Bookmarks.bak and rename it to simply 'Bookmarks' (leave out the .bak extension, and this will make your backup copy of the bookmarks as the original bookmarks folder).
Step 4. At last, close 'Finder'. Restart Chrome window; you shall see all the bookmarks you've collected coming back.
- After the recovery, you can open Chrome and re-import the restored bookmarks. To avoid further Chrome bookmarks loss after the recovery, we strongly recommend that you regularly back up all the files on your Mac with Time Machine or free data backup software in case you don't have an available external storage media.
Possible Method to Recover Deleted Chome Bookmarks with Free Software
Let's suppose that not only the online bookmarks (folder) but also the local bookmarks.bark file has been deleted without a backup, then how to restore Chrom bookmarks on Mac at this circumstance? There is no doubt that the easiest way is using a free data recovery tool, like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac here. It is a professional data recovery program that allows users to recover deleted files on Mac, USB flash drive, pen drive, external hard drive, as well as other storage devices. You can use it to restore lost, deleted, and hidden bookmarks and bookmarks.bak files in many sticky situations.
Now, following the simple guide below to restore disappeared bookmarks from Chrome on your Mac.
Step 1. Select the disk location (it can be an internal HDD/SSD or a removable storage device) where you lost data and files. Click the 'Scan' button.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. In the scan results, select the file(s) and click the 'Recover Now' button to have them back.