Looking for the best GoPro video editing software for PC/Mac? This article introduces to you 6 best video editors for GoPro. 10 Best Free Video Editing Software on Mac OS X in 2018. This article will introduce you the 10 best free video editor for Mac and let you know how to make and edit videos/movies on Mac with free video editing software. But once the snaps or videos are done, surely now you seek a good GoPro editing software to polish those classy masterpieces in PC. And yes, for the same editing and creating wonder for the outside world, download one of the best GoPro editing software in Windows or Mac and release these pictures online like your signature dream.
- Best Free Gopro Video Editing Software For Mac Windows 7
- Best Free Gopro Video Editing Software For Macbook
- Best Video Editing Software Imac
- Best Free Gopro Video Editing Software For Mac
- Best Video Editing Software Mac
- GoPro Studio software makes it easy to turn your GoPro clips into awesome, professional-quality videos. Drag-and-drop GoPro Edit Templates help fast-track you to an incredible video. The music, edit points, slow-motion effects and more have been dialed in—all you have to do is replace our clips with yours.
- Top 5 Free GoPro Editing Software for Mac Recommended. Wondershare Filmora; Wondershare Filmora is the best GoPro video editing software for pc free program because the software is best in accordance with the interface of the software as well. The program interface is designed for beginners as well as professionals.
by Christine Smith • 2020-10-28 17:29:33 • Proven solutions
GoPro has a big reputation when it comes to action cameras. Their action cameras are world-famous because almost everyone loves or knows about GoPro now. When it comes to making videos, GoPro cameras provide fantastic performance every time, so everyone loves using them. But using a camera is one thing, and making those videos look professional and excellent is another thing. That’s why you need to use an excellent video editing tool that can help you edit your videos and make them look amazing. Many MacBook users don’t know which GoPro software for Mac is suitable for them. If you are a Mac user and you are confused about using a GoPro MacBook software, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to introduce you to the best GoPro MacBook software to download and edit videos. So keep reading till the end!
Part 1. Best GoPro Software Mac Download to Edit Videos (Recommended)
There are many GoPro MacBook software available on the market, but you need to use the most suitable and effective one for your videos. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is such a toolbox that can prove to be the ultimate video editing solution for everyone. It’s not just a video editing tool; it has almost all kinds of tools available in it, which makes this software a mega toolbox that can handle all kinds of issues related to video and audio!
Shocked yet? No? You will be amazed when you start using this tool for your videos because it has the easiest interface build for all kind of users. Though it may seem easy to use this tool, it has the most effective and advanced features available in it. So there is no doubt that this software is the best GoPro software Mac to edit videos.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best GoPro Software Mac/Windows (Catalina Included)
- Edit GoPro videos with trimming, cropping, rotating, adding subtitles, and more others.
- Convert GoPro videos to 1000+ formats with high-quality output.
- Customize GoPro 4K videos by changing resolution, bit rate, encoder, frame rate, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Burn GoPro videos to DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step 1 Install Program and Add Files
Download, install and launch the program on your computer to begin the process. Next, add the video files that you want to edit to the program library by clicking on the Add Files button and browsing through your computer.
Step 2 Edit GoPro Video on GoPro Editing Software Mac
There are many options to edit your video in this program. Such as Trim, Crop, Apply Effect, Add Watermark, Add Subtitle, etc. and more. There are three editing icons under the video thumbnail, which are Trim, Crop, and Effect.
To trim your video, click on the Trim icon to open the trimming window and cut the video according to your needs.
To crop your video, click on the Crop icon in the same way. Then you rotate and crop your video from the window.
To add effect, click on the Effect icon, and you’ll be able to select suitable results from the Effect window and apply on the video.
To add watermark, click on any of the three icons which will open the editing window. Then click on the Watermark tab and add watermark on the video.
To add subtitles, the same way click on any of the three icons and open the editing window, choose the Subtitle tab, and add subtitles to the video.
Step 3 Export Video
Finally, you can choose the output format from the Video tab like below.
Now click the Convert All button to convert/export multiple videos together or selectively click the Convert button beside each video to convert/export the video into the output folder of your computer.
Part 2. Other 9 GoPro Software Mac Download for You
This is not an article where we will brag about only one GoPro software for Mac, but we want to provide you 9 other options that you can check out by yourself. Here are the other 9 GoPro MacBook software for you.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC is one of the most popular GoPro video editing software for Mac. It’s an expensive video editing program, but it’s for the professionals only. It has almost everything you need to create professional videos using your GoPro camera.
- It has a clear and flexible interface.
- Various features to create professional videos.
- Great system for editing videos professionally.
- No keyword tagging system available.
- Additional applications required for more techniques.
- Expensive and complicated for beginners.
Apple iMovie is another excellent video editing program. It’s created exceptionally for entry-level video editing tasks. It can turn your GoPro videos into something special, but if you want to edit videos professionally, it will not support you that much.
- It’s perfectly compatible with the Apple devices system.
- Simple interface with a lot of audio editing features.
- Not as flexible as other computer video editing programs.
- It’s too simple, and useful features are not available.
- Audio samples are copyrighted in the program.
Openshot is an interesting GoPro MacBook software on the market. This video editing program can be used as a beginning video editor to edit your GoPro videos. It has an easy drag and drop system, the same as iMovie. If you want to create videos for a personal occasion or YouTube channel, then it’s the right choice for you.
- It’s available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- It’s useful for both beginners and advanced users.
- It’s an open-source system program.
- It has bugs that create problems several times.
- It freezes and crashes sometimes.
Lightworks is a professional video editing program available on the internet. It can provide you with various features and options that will come in handy while creating professional videos from GoPro footage. If you use the free version of the program, then it will provide you with many options as a beginner.
Best Free Gopro Video Editing Software For Mac Windows 7
- It has an excellent standard for trimming videos.
- It has many advanced video features.
- Supports Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- 4K video is only supported in the pro version.
- It’s not merely systemized for beginners.
Avidemux is a perfect option as a video editor if you want to learn video editing as a pure beginner. It has a straightforward user interface, and it has many essential features available for newbie users. It’s powerful according to the simple system that it has, and it’s an excellent platform for new users who want to learn video editing.
- It’s simple application for novice users.
- It doesn’t have too many technical things, so you won’t have to follow any tutorial to handle the program.
- It’s slow when exporting videos.
- It doesn’t have any advanced video editing options.
Davinci Resolve is a useful and professional GoPro MacBook software that can provide you advanced video editing features in exchange for a reasonable price. It can provide an excellent video editing experience as it has almost all kinds of advanced video editing options that can help you create professional-looking videos. There are so many features and editing options available that you will get lost in its interface.
- It has a multi-track timeline system for editing videos.
- The video trimming process is easier to handle than other programs.
- There are a lot of tools, effects, and features available for users.
- It’s complicated for novice users.
- If you want to handle the program and edit videos using only one screen, then it will not be user-friendly for you.
Blender is a great video editing software for editing GoPro videos with a lot of video editing options available in it. It can not only handle video editing but also has some great other features that can be useful, such as animation, game creation, sculpting, 3D modeling, photo-realistic rendering, etc. and more! It’s not a simple video editor because of its advanced video editing features that will help you create professional videos.
- It’s an open-source program, and it’s secure, free.
- It’s easy to handle for advanced users.
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux OS.
- A powerful GPU is needed to handle the program features.
- Not user-friendly for novice users.
- Animation systems are not smooth.
Not sure if you have used Windows Movie Maker or not, but in our opinion, VideoPad is almost an alternative to Windows Movie Maker. Don’t worry! It’s available for Mac users, and that’s why we include this program on our list. Using this program is easy for novice users, so if you are new to video editing, you can use this program without facing any problem. If you are an advanced user, you will still have many features that you can play around with.
- It has many transitional effects and filters.
- Many additional options for advanced users, including brightness, saturation, and color, etc.
- Directly uploading edited videos to social media is available in the program.
- It doesn’t have too many unique features for advanced video editing.
- It’s not so good for creating professional videos.
Hitfilm Express is another GoPro software for Mac that can help you create good videos with no video editing experience before. If you want to use it for professional use or advanced video editing, then you need some help because it has its fair share of advanced video editing options! It has a user-friendly interface, and it’s good for users who are almost on the way of becoming a pro-level user. If you are a novice user, then you may find it challenging to handle.
- Excellent video editing effects available for higher users.
- It’s good for creating professional-looking videos.
- Hard-core using can be handled easily.
Best Free Gopro Video Editing Software For Macbook
- It doesn’t have a motion graphics feature.
- You need to buy the developers' add-ons to increase the program’s features.
Part 3. A Comparison Table Among 10 GoPro MacBook Software
|Features/Software||Wondershare UniConverter||Adobe Premiere Pro CC||Apple iMovie||Openshot||Lightworks||Avidemux||Davinci Resolve||Blender||VideoPad||Hitfilm Express|
|Video Converting Support to 1000 Formats||Yes||Yes||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|Extreme Speed Support||Yes||Yes||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|Adding Watermarks/Subtitles/Filter Effects||Yes||Yes||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||Yes||NO||Yes|
|Transfer Videos to External Hard Drives and Devices||Yes||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|Full Set of Optimized Video Tools||Yes||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO|
In the end, we would like to add that after reviewing the top 10 GoPro software Mac we now know which is the best video editing tool that can be suitable for both novice and advanced users. It’s not only about editing videos; it’s also about using a video toolbox that can control your GoPro videos like a pro. In that sense, Wondershare UniConverter is the best GoPro MacBook software available on the internet for you. So without wasting time on any other programs, try UniConverter now and see what this mega video editing toolbox can do for you.
Are you curious about what the options are for GoPro software? If you shot some killer footage on your GoPro, and now you want to edit your clips into a fun to watch videos, you are in the right place.
There are numerous options for GoPro software available for your Mac, PC, and even tablet and smartphone. If you’re brand new to editing GoPro videos, I highly recommend you check out my recommendations for GoPro Editing software for Beginners. (Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking our links. Read my disclosure policy here.)
Choosing GoPro Software
For new GoPro owners, you may wish to stick with GoPro Software that was created by and is supported by GoPro. This includes Quik for Desktop
and GoPro Studio. As you’ll read below, these may not turn out to be the very best options for you, but I still think it’s a good idea to download them and see if you can accomplish you GoPro video editing goals with them. After all, they are free! When you download Quik for desktop (which is available for Mac and PC), the software will also include the GoPro Studio Program. As of August 2017, GoPro Studio is no longer included as a download with Quik, and it’s no longer available to download.
GoPro Studio (No Longer Available)
(Mac & PC) free – I used to recommend GoPro Studio to all new GoPro users since it was created by GoPro and is designed with a beginner user in mind. However, this GoPro software has become increasingly buggy, especially for PC and Windows users. GoPro really wants their customers to be able to throw together their footage and create stunning videos without much fuss, but unfortunately, it often is not that simple when you’re using GoPro Studio. Click here for an in-depth guide to getting started with GoPro Studio.
To download GoPro Studio, you must download GoPro’s Quik app.
Quik™ for Desktop
(Mac & PC) free – Quik™ was released in 2016 as a way for GoPro customers to organize and edit GoPro videos with ease. This program essentially does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to editing, but there are pros and cons of using Quik™ (and here’s a follow-up). It’s very basic in terms of functions and often leaves users wanting more control over the length of their video and options for adding non-GoPro-provided music.
Adobe Premiere Elements
(Mac & PC) $99.99 – From the world class graphics editing company, Adobe, you can expect Adobe Premiere Elements to be a top of the line, home movie editing package. I like to recommend Premiere Elements because it essentially has “training wheels,” making it an easy program to learn for a complete beginner, but is also packed with more advanced editing features you can pick up on over time. Premiere Elements offers “automated options, special effects, and in-app guidance to turn your video clips into entertaining movies that will wow family and friends.”
More about Premiere Elements
(Mac) free or $15 – iMovie is a fun piece of video editing software. I like to recommend iMovie to beginner home movie hobbyists. It’s very beginner-friendly, and even pros use it to throw movies together quickly and easily. It’s not designed specially as GoPro software, but it works extremely well. The workflow and layout is very similar to higher end editors, so it’s a good gateway, so to speak. If you can get the hang of iMovie, then you’re well on your way to top notch home movies.
More about iMovie
(PC) free – VSDC is a free video editor for PC users, and it promises to “Cut, merge video files, apply visual and audio effects, use filtration and image correction, make slideshows and add an appropriate soundtrack.” Download VSDC here. I created a 3-part Tutorial series on getting started with VSDC which you should check out!
Adobe Premiere Pro
(Mac & PC) starting at $19.99/month – As part of the Adobe Creative Cloud platform, Adobe Premiere Pro only comes through the monthly plan. This program is not for everybody, but it is my favorite editing platform by far. If you’re looking for a professional-grade video editing software, I recommend Premiere Pro. Click here for a free guide on editing with Premiere Pro.
(Mac & PC) $30 – Wondershare Filmora is a fun piece of software that’s available for Mac and PC, and it’s very affordable. It’s perfect for any level of editing, especially beginners, and it has a bunch of really neat features and effects and stuff that are perfect for editing GoPro videos and family movies. Filmora recently released some updates making it a great platform for editing action videos. Though not strictly a GoPro software update, it’s very slick! Click here for my video on getting started with Filmora.
Final Cut Pro
(Mac) $299 – Final Cut Pro (owned by Apple) is the cool kids video editing software, and definitely suits any hard core video editor. If that’s you, do give it a try. Buy it here.
Best Video Editing Software Imac
Best Free Gopro Video Editing Software For Mac
(PC) $70 – PowerDirector makes it quick & easy to create videos in minutes, and even comes with it’s own effects, templates, and tutorials.
Vegas Movie Studio & Vegas Pro
(PC) price varies – Formerly under the Sony umbrella, the Vegas Creative Software suite is now under the Magix brand. A number of video editors are available, but I have not tested any of them at this point.
(Mac and PC) free – download here
(Mac and PC) free – download here