Digital image compression has made it possible to lessen redundancy inherently present in your image data and help you store and transmit data in a much more efficient manner, thereby saving bandwidth expense and a lot of time.
Best Compression Software Password Something Youll; Best Compression Software Zip WinRAR 7; Best Compression Software Software Own Format. You can buy WinRAR here. (Image credit: 7-Zip) 3. 7-Zip A free app with great format support and the ability to compress huge files No price information Check Amazon Free software Own format Great for huge. WavPack is an advanced audio compression software that provides the hybrid lossless compression technology, with a completely open audio compression format. The features included within the software are PCM audio format compatibility, multi-platform support, DirectShow filters, file verification, assembly language optimization, and unique.
For your photos we list here a number of image compression software which meet a wide range of the user’s compression needs.
1. Fileminimizer Pictures- Great Compression Rate and Features
If you want a great deal of compression for your professional needs then Fileminimizer Pictures is the exact software you want. Besides it also offers a number of interesting features.
- Fileminimizer Pictures has compression rates which can go further than 90 percent of the size of the image.
- You can also link it to social media (for instance Facebook) where it compresses and uploads your pictures directly.
- Lossless compression with features like batch processing makes it a good choice of compression software.
2. Caesium- For those who prize speed above all else
Caesium is an amazing open source software that helps you compress your images with minimum quality loss. However, there are a couple of formats for which it does not provide lossless compression.
- One of the most frequently used compression software on the market, Caesium is quite reliable and user-friendly.
- It does not provide Lossless PNG compression.
- However features like metadata storing facilities and subfolder structure support make up for its drawbacks.
3. Jstrip 3.3- Faster and Quicker JPEG Compression
Jstrip is free software which helps you to lower the size of your JPEG images and the compressed images do not lose out a lot of their original quality.
- It is effective in removing EXIF data, JFIF Header , XMP data etc as per the user’s desire.
- Since extra bytes, thumbnails and color profiles or in general any unnecessary data will be removed and this helps a lot to cut bandwidth costs for low-budget websites.
- On its own the software will replace your images so you are compelled to work with the copies.
File Compression software, free download
4. OptiPNG- Effective PNG optimization For the Serious Users
OptiPNG is a lossless PNG optimizer which has a command-line bases setup. It even helps you convert other formats into PNG form.
- This software used a command line-based and is full of different options so thought it may be intimidating for the amateur user, the rewards for taking the time is quite great.
- On an average it can drop the size of a PNG by one-third which is quite commendable.
- It also converts formats like MP, GIF, TIFF to compressed PNG.
5. PNGGauntlet: Good Quality Compression for a number of formats
PNGGAuntlet is a piece of software that combines the resources of three other ones, – namely PNGout, OptiPNG, DeflOpt.
- It has a simple drag and drop working mechanism which is good for your average user.
- It has probably the best PNG compressions rates across all its other competitors at present.
- Since it uses three different software packages the effective time taken per compression is pretty high but at least the quality is unaffected and the reduction is comprehensive.
Best Free Compression Software For Mac Os X
6. PNGOptimizer 2.2: Light on the machine yet Heavy on the Options
Though it is a roughly 150 KB download size PNGOptimizer is an effective compression tool with plenty of interesting features.
- PNGOptimizer principally removes useless information from your PNG files and also helps converting BMP, GIF and TGA into lossless PNG format.
- Animated PNGs are also supported by the software and even makes easily obtainable PNG screenshots for you.
- It is light on your machine and affords features like removing text, background color.
7. PNGOUTWin: Smarter Interface and Easily Configurable
PNGOut is one of the best PNG compression tools available. It is easy to use and affords a great deal of functionality.
- It can be used to overwrite the original image file and save your output elsewhere.
- You can also adjust the level of compression to one that fits your needs the best.
- Typical drag and drop interface to ease user access and excellent compression rates make it a very smart option.
8. RIOT: Smart Interface Coupled with Good Configurability
Radical Image Optimization Tool or RIOT is a great software compression toolkit which helps you optimize a wide variety of image files.
- It not only helps convert JPEG, GIF and PNG images but it’s clear interface helps you compare the different outputs of the respective compressions.
- The batch interface is responsible for processing multiple image files at a pretty decent speed.
- Though it is freeware, it will install additional software during installation but the smart interface and features make it worth the download.
9. ScriptJPG: JPG Compression for the Engineers and Fairly Technical
ScriptJPG acts as a front end to various command line tools. While its user interface could use some work it is pretty nifty package for JPG compression.
- This is a tool mostly for front end engineers to compress JPG files and it can afford both lossy and lossless compressions.
- The lossless compression of JPEG images is quite commendable.
- The software also lets you determine compression parameters and has an average light download size of 250 KBs.
10. FileOptimizer – Flexible across all formats
FileOptimizer is a versatile piece of software that helps you compress almost all kinds of files and doesn’t compromise much on quality.
- From JPG , GIF, PNG images to PDF files FileOptimizer compresses about almost every kind of file that you may need.
- In spite of the array of files it can compress, it affords a very easy drag and drop process and is thus extremely easy to use.
- Lossless compression rates are also quite commendable.
These are the best Image Compression Software available in the market. They are customized to meet the user’s needs and are reliable for the amateur as well as for the front end developers.
There are many cases when the need to compress huge sized videos arises. One of those cases is when you find it hard to share a video on a shorter bandwidth. If you are using Final Cut Pro X then the video exported by that application makes large file size in your disk. This is basically where video compression tools for Mac comes into play. Video compressors tools are also helpful in windows PCs.
Most of the Video compressors tools are also available for windows. You may find hundreds of video compression tools for Mac and windows on the internet, but not all of them are worth considering. Luckily, we have found and made a list of some best video compression tools for MAC users.
Read More:- 5 Best List of Online Video Compressor Tools to Reduce Video Size For Free
Let’s have a look at those MAC video compression tools as follows:
- 7 Best Video Compression Tools For Mac to Compress Videos Quickly
7 Best Video Compression Tools For Mac to Compress Videos Quickly
VideoProc is one of the best video compressors which you can use to compress big sized videos. It does its task of video compression quickly utilizing the GPU acceleration power. You can use this tool on both the Windows and MAC devices.
The best part is that it does its video compression task without any video quality loss. It supports and works perfectly with more than 420 different video formats such as MP4, AVI, OGG, FLV, and many others.
Apart from this, you can also utilize it to edit your videos. It comes with several editing tools that can make your videos look cool and attractive.
- Provides Faster & Real-Time Video Compression.
- Works Smoothly even on Low-End Devices.
- It also Allows you to Record Your Device Screen.
- Streamlined and Beginner Friendly.
HandBrake is a free and open-source tool specifically designed for video compression tasks. The best part is that it can compress videos within seconds and that’s too without any quality loss. You can use it on both the Windows and MAC devices
It also offers a list of array adjustments that you can make within a few clicks. Another interesting feature is its real-time preview screen that allows you to preview videos before you export and save them on your device.
Although Handbrake is a great video compression tool, the only drawback is that you have to adjust some arrays manually like dimensions, codec, etc.
- Provides Support for both the VFR & CFR.
- It offers multiple Video and Audio Filters.
- Live Static and Video Preview.
- Compress a Batch of Video Files at Once.
Read More:- Best Free Video Compressor Software for Mac and Window
Avidemux is an open-source software allowing you to do video compression within a few minutes. The best part is that it supports and compresses perfectly all the video formats such as AVI, MP4, MPEG, MOV, OGG and many more.
Apart from this, you can also use it to edit your recorded videos. It has a wide range of editing tools which include markers, filters and image correctors. You can also preview your edits before applying them to videos.
Initially, you may find it a bit harder to use, but after a few tries, you will get used to it and you would be able to do everything within minutes,
- Offers Multiple Video and Audio Filters.
- Supports Multiple Video Formats.
- Also Allows you to Convert Videos into Smaller Size.
- It provides you with multiple free and paid plugins.
4. Miro Video Converter
Miro Video Converter is another reliable software that can be used to trim and compress videos for free. The simple drag and drop options allow you to do video compression within minutes. It also allows you to compress multiple videos at once.
It also has an automation feature which you can use to automate the video compression task. It supports and works perfectly with all the video formats. You can also use Miro to change the format of your videos.
It keeps both the original file and the converted one in the same folder so that you can find them quickly and easily.
- Provides Real-time trimming and editing options.
- Smooth and Easy to Use Interface
- It allows you to Collaborate with Others.
- Support Batch Processing
Read More:- FlexClip Review & Online Video Editing Easy and Free
5. Final Cut
Final Cut is one of the best video compression tools for Mac allows you to edit and compress videos at once. There are a lot of video editing tools that Final Cut software has to offer. Its simple and elegant interface makes it easier to use.
Many professionals online content creators use the Final Cut tool to add effects like filter, color correction, lighting correction, and many others. You can also use these effects to make your videos look cool and attractive.
Along with this, it also allows you to add soundtracks to your videos. The only drawback is that it requires a lot of resources to run smoothly. This can create a problem if you are looking to run it on a laptop.
- Offers MultiCam & 360 Degree VR Editing
- It allows you to create multiple and customized workspaces.
- Provides Faster Importing and Exporting.
- Redesigned elegant and smooth interface.
6. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is an open-source and free tool to convert the formats of your videos. You can also use it to compress your video files. It also allows you to share the compressed videos directly on any social media platform.
The basic drag and drop options make it quite easier to compress videos. All you have to do is just select videos, parameters of compression and you are done. The best part is that the compression will be done within a few minutes.
It has both the free and paid plans to offer. You can either use the free one or subscribe to their paid plans for additional features.
- Allows You to Extract/Rip a DVD or CD
- Additional Editing & Conversion tools available.
- Capable of doing compression without any quality loss.
- Simple and Easy to Use Interface and Controls
Read More:- Best YouTube Video Downloader for Mac- VideoDuke
7. WonderShare UniConverter
WonderShare Uniconverter is one of the best video compression tools built for both the MAC and Windows devices. It allows you to compress videos without any video quality loss. You can also use it to add some tweaks to your videos.
It also allows you to convert the formats of your videos. There are a huge number of effects and transitions which you can add to your videos for free. You can also use it to add soundtracks and audio effects to your videos.
Although it’s a great software for video compression, the only downside is that it only allows you to compress 1/3 part of the original video in the free version.
- Offers up to 8 different options for video compression.
- All in one tool for all kinds of editing, streaming, and video compression tasks.
- Capable of compressing multiple video files at once.
- Offers extensive support and learning material to its users.
Well, these were the best video compression tools for mac which you can use to compress your videos. You can select the one which suits your requirements and use it to compress videos huge in size.
If you found this blog post useful, then do share it with your friends to let them know about these video compression tools. Also, if you are using any other video compression tool, then feel free to suggest it in the comment section below.