A Media Access Control address (MAC) is the address given to every device that has access to the internet, so if you want to ensure your privacy or security, you can change that address whenever you want. This wikiHow will show you how to change the MAC address on your Android whether you have root access or not. Download MAC Address Changer - Change the Media Access Control Address of any network interface with just a few clicks thanks to this simple and intuitive application.
Download Android ID Changer APK Latest App. 10 Best Torrent Downloader App for Android, Mac, Windows 2019 BHIM APP APK Download – For Android, iOS, iPhone.
Are you looking for ways to spoof MAC address on Android phones? Here’s how to do it in simple steps.
A Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a 12-character unique identifier assigned to a specific piece of hardware such as the network adapter of your WiFi device. In simple words, a MAC address can be used to uniquely identify your Android phone on the Internet or the local network.
Spoofing MAC Address on Android Devices
Even though MAC address is embedded on the hardware device during manufacture, it can still be spoofed to input a new one of your choice. Here is a detailed instruction on how to spoof MAC address on your Android phone.
Before you spoof the MAC address, you need to record the original/current MAC address of your device which can be done according to the instruction below:
- On the Home Screen of your phone, tap Menu button and go to Settings.
- Tap About Device and go to Status
- Now scroll down to record the 12-digit code shown under Wi-Fi Mac address. An address would read something like:
Requirements for Spoofing the MAC Address
- Rooted Android Phone
- BusyBox app installed on your phone
- Once BusyBox is installed, you need to install Terminal app
Once the above requirements are satisfied, follow the instructions below to spoof your MAC address:
Mac Id Changer Apk
- Open the Terminal app and type the commands as listed below:$su[HIT ENTER](This will show your current MAC address, just for your confirmation)
- Now, type the following command:$busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX[HIT ENTER](In the above command, replace XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX with your new MAC address)
- You have now spoofed your MAC address successfully. To check for the change enter the following command again:
(Now you should see your new MAC address)
I hope you like this post. For feedback and queries, pass your comments